Stop Auto-Signin to Messenger on Xbox360
So I got asked a couple of days ago how to stop the xbox auto signing in to MSN Messenger.
Whilst its a handy feature (-I talk to a couple of people over MSN who don’t have a computer, just Live,) it’s also a great PITA1 to constantly get signed off from the computer and to have people trying to chat when you’re busy killing Horde or trying to complete a Rally.
So, very simpily:
- Sign in as you on the Xbox.
- Hit the (X) button to get to the Blade menu.
- Go to Settings (its the far right blade).
- Select Profile.
- Hit Auto Sign-In.
We get given two basic options;
Auto Sign-In for:
- Xbox Live (Enable/Disable)
- Windows Live Messenger (Enable/Disable)
You can probably guess your way from here.
Now might be a good place to have a quick rant about the new 360 Dashboard. Its fucking awful. </rant> 😉
- Pain In The Ass ↩